Applying for Thai Visa in Vientiane, Laos
As we are expat in Thailand, the most important thing that we have to concern is a visa. Definitely, when you enter Thailand with a standard tourist visa, you are allowed to stay in Thailand just 30 days. But, for those who wish to stay longer must apply for a visa outside Thailand. Now, we are going to share the procedure of submitting visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Vientiane, Laos. Also, Vientiane is one of the cities where the expat can reach conveniently. Here are the procedures to apply for a Thai visa.
Before submitting a visa application
1. Fill in the embassy’s visa application form. Visa application could be downloaded at the Royal Thai Embassy’s website or download here
2. Attach two 3.5 x 4.5 cm photograph of = applicant. The photograph must be in white photograph background
3. Check any additional documents of your visa application
4. Photocopy the picture page of your passport for reference
5. Queue number would be distributed from 8.30 AM – 11.30 AM of every working. Once queue number received completed visa application form with an additional document (if any) would have to be placed into the provided basket at the Consular Section.
6. If you have any question or want further information. Please contact the Consular staff at counter number 3
7. Passport with visa would be distributed only in the afternoon on the next working day. You would be called by queue number order. Visa fee must be paid prior to receive your passport.
8. Visa fee will be paid in Thai Baht and only one amount indicated in receipt.
9. If passport would not be collected on the appointed time, your visa would be annulated
You can contact and check the office hours below:
Office Hours: Monday to Friday
08.30 hrs. – 12.00 hrs. & 13.00 hrs. – 16.30 hrs.
Consular Section: Monday to Friday
08.30 hrs. – 12.00 hrs. : Application for Visa
13.00 hrs. – 15.00 hrs. : Distribution of Passports Affixed with AppropriateVisa
Weekly Holiday : Saturday – Sunday
Contact at (+856 21) 214581-3