Do you know the Mango Sticky Rice? It is actually the favorite dessert of Thais and expats! It is simply sticky rice accompanied by mango and coconut milk. And for those who have never tried this delicious dessert, here is the recipe! You will impress your family and friends’ taste buds without doubt with this amazing recipe!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- 200 g of glutinous rice
- 150 ml of coconut milk
- 1 fresh mango
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- Some sesame seeds
- Put the rice in a large bowl and rinse several times until the water is clear.
- Soak the rice in water, preferably warm, for about 45 min to 1 hour.
- Drain and steam it for about 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooked, heat the coconut milk in a saucepan. Add sugar and salt.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the cooked rice and mix everything together.
- Let the preparation cool down aside.
- Peel and cut the mango into strips.
- On a plate, add some sticky rice and sprinkle it with sesame seeds. Place the mango pieces on the side.