Thailand’s Reopening: Exemption from Quarantine (TEST & GO)
A simple checklist of topics to consider before, during, and after visiting Thailand under the "Test and Go" requirement.
Before You Arrive
- Travel by air from designated countries/territories where visitors must have been for at least 21 days.
- This qualification does not apply to returning Thais or foreign residents who have previously traveled from Thailand.
Check out the list of nations that are permitted to enter and exit the Kingdom of Thailand below.
- A Certificate of Vaccination (completely vaccinated) with an approved vaccination at least 14 days before to travel.
- Those who have been infected within the last three months must have gotten one dose of an authorized vaccine at least 14 days before departure.
- Travellers under the age of 12 who are accompanied by their parents or guardians are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
- A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result stating that COVID-19 has not been found, issued no more than 72 hours before departure (all travellers).
- A confirmed payment for a one-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ lodging, as well as one RT-PCR test.
- An insurance with a minimum of $50,000 in coverage.
Applying for a Thailand Pass
- Apply for a Thailand Pass at https://tp.consular.go.th/ (available beginning November 1, 2021).
- Upload the required document (along with a valid visa or re-entry permit, if applicable), and allow 3-5 working days for approval.Wait for the vaccine certification and paid accommodation, including the RT-PCR test, to be approved.
- Confirm approval and obtain a Thailand Pass QR Code (or Certificate of Entitlement).
Arrival in Thailand
- Show the Thailand Pass QR Code (or Certificate of Eligibility) to Health Control for verification before proceeding to Immigration.
- Take the RT-PCR COVID-19 test at the pre-arranged test site or scheduled accommodation.
- Children under the age of six are subjected to a saliva test.
- Take the pre-arranged airport transfer to the hotel. (The distance from the airport is less than two hours.)
- .At the hotel, download and install the MorChana program.
During Your Stay
- Remain in your hotel room while you await the test results.
- On Day 6-7, if you test negative for COVID-19, you will be given an Antigen Test Kit (ATK) for COVID-19 self-testing.
- Receive an alert for the self-ATK testing on Days 6-7, and enter the results in the MorChana application.
- Follow the D-M-H-T-T-A precautions: D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – COVID-19 testing, and A – alert application.
When You Are Leaving
- You are free to travel anywhere in Thailand or to depart Thailand for other countries. Travelers are recommended, however, to adhere to the recommendations and actions established by the province/country of their destination.
What's your reaction?